Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ohhhhhhh yessss.....!

I'm finally feelin' it!
I ran about 5 miles today and LIKED it. I've been warned about PRLMS. (Post-Race-Low-Motivation-Syndrome) but this hit me hard. I have been cold and unapproachable and the thought of IT made me sick. And it's not because I'm 41 and have PMS.

And so I'm back to running, back to caring and back in the saddle of my life. God, does it feel good. It's been one month since I did it with ANY gusto. Before that, nothing. Nada. Haven't wanted to. Never dreamed it would be fun again and didn't give a lick. But Beth over at ShutUpandRun keeps me on track as does one of her favs, http://elizabethfedofsky.blogspot.com/2009/12/20-things-you-can-do.html. Check it out. You'll be writing down goals, kicking ass and taking names. My plan for 2010. Join me?!

Totally off subject...

The bitch at my OB/GYN office, asked me if I still menstruated. Last week I went in for a preventative pap smear and the 20-something intake clinician asked me if I still had my period. I wanted to ask her if I looked pregnant because if not, the answer is of course you moron from hell. To calm down, I went home and did this...


Totally staged. Note lipstick and photo of happy me running over right shoulder. Beth, note sweatshirt!

5 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Love the sweat shirt. And the lipstick. Just like Lucky's. Glad you got your mojo back. Are you in menopause?

Unknown said...

NO! That's just not right, have some respect people!!

ihaverun said...

PRLMS = Love it!!

SteveQ said...

I keep hearing women complain that every medical professional's first question is "Could you be pregnant?" It's better than what I get: "Have you been tested for HIV?"

Middle-aged single guy - the one willing to whine a bit.

amy said...

baaagghhhh!