Monday, July 26, 2010

Workshop review

On Saturday I participated in a Yoga Workshop led by the 2010 Asana Champions, Kasper Van Den Wijngaard, Brandi Winfield, and Griffen Peddicord at the Bikram Yoga Richmond Innsbrook location.
Here's how it went.  First Kasper (on left in photo) led a beginner Bikram class to a sold out crowd.  His Dutch accent and candence was mesmermizing and soothing and definitely keep my vomit inside, though it was knocking on my thoracic door.  Sold out in a 107 degree room when it's 102 outside means more than you think.  My toes actually touched the water bottle of the girl behind me, to my right (sorry cutie pie in pink).  I got touched by the toes of my neighbor in front. 
But they were champion digits!!  Griffen Peddicord (center) was right in front of me and ever so slightly to my right.  Surely he was so mesmerized by me he just had to feel me.  Even if it was with his toes.  I know you think I'm crazy but I could feel his energy even when his toes weren't gracing my forearm, or head, or.....

After class besides being grateful I was alive, I prepared for a 3-hour workshop.  I exited the Hot Room and hit Nirvana.  Our friends, Kara and Sam provided fresh fruit and home made slushies to us.  HUGE KARMA POINTS.  I saw the beautiful fruit and almost cried.  I went outside to the biggest heat wave in recent history in Virginia and IT FELT BREEZY AND COMFORTABLE.

Here, folks get high on slushies.
Yes that is someone's sweat print on the sidewalk.

Then we returned to the hot room with doors open and watch each champion demonstrate their winning routine from the 2010 Asana Championships in LA in February.  I was moved to tears.  Brandi, complete with flowers in her hair showed us her soul and it was hauntingly beautiful and real.  Then came the fun Q and A, my favorite part because my favorite thing is to talk Yoga and Life.  We learned a little the champions.  They each in their own unique way made me want to live a deeper more Yogic life.  And this is just the way to start...

I took my children to the James River and watched them play on God's green earth.
I know I should adjust my skirt but it was HOT out there. 
Just like the workshop.
What did you do over the weekend?

  

1 comment:

ShutUpandRun said...

Love the review, the descriptions. the high dress, YOU!!!!