Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hooters, head and marathons

What the...?

Nick:  Mom, guess where we are going for our end of the season (baseball) party?
Me:  (making dinner not really paying attention) I don't know, son - where?
Nick:  Hooters.
Me:  (astonished)
Am I being ridiculous?  I am not a prude.  But, please... twelve-year-old boys at an establishment where boobs are the draw (it is NOT the wings), men are the main target audience, and beer flows.  I love boobs when they aren't exploited.  I love men when they aren't oogling at boobs.  I don't love beer but I can drink me some wine.

I am open to being ridiculous.  Let me know what you think.

Onto to some head.  I got my stitches removed yesterday from my latest round of Moh's Surgery.  That's 4 in 20 months.  Do they give some kind of award for this?  Here's the progress.


I think it looks pretty good.  I am psyched because I am getting my left eyelid lifted for the droopiness from a prior surgery AND I get dermabrasion across my whole forehead to restore my former pre-skin cancer beauty.  I will look great from the eyebrows up.  Maybe they'll hire me at HOOTERS.  OOOPS, they start at the navel and go north when looking at resumes, my bad.

And now for marathons...

My amazing sister ran her first marathon on Saturday.  I am so proud of her.  She is my rockstar.  Did I mention she has varicose veins and five children?  She trained with a smile and sailed across the finish line strategizing for her next.  Living fully with her heart and her mind, body and soul.

Ever been to Hooters?



1 comment:

ShutUpandRun said...

Ok, yes I do think it's a bit of stretch to take a group of 12 year olds to hooters. Maybe you should have them to your house instead. You could wear just a bra and panties and serve root beer and wings. Same thing basically.

Your head looks great. Can't wait to see your beauty after the dermabrasion.

Congrats to sis. Just awesome.