Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Old School

 Jam on it.
If you don't admit you remember this song you are WEAK and a LIAR.
Three words to the whack, step yourself back
Just gettin' down, and you then you're givin' no slack
Like a Burger King with a sack of Big Macs
We're throwin' down with the radical sacks
On time, in your mind you see
You gotta boogie to your best ability
You gotta funk it up until it knocks you down
And when you're funkin' up, be sure to pass it around
Come on, let's go to work
We got what'll make your body jerk
Make you throw your hands up in the air
Shake your booty and scream, "Oh, yeah"
?Cause we are the Jam On Crew
And jammin' on it is how we do the do
We'll funk you up until you boogie down
So come people check out the sound
Check out the sound, check out the sound, check out the sound, check out the sound
Check out the sound, check out the sound, check out the sound, check out the sound
Check out the sound
Newcleus
This is not my Yoga Teacher Training class, but it could be. 
WE ARE ALL OLD SCHOOL. 
We are old and WE  HAVE HOMEWORK.
Like the student I used to be I started right away.
Only this time I'm not distracted by $5.00 pitchers of watery stale beer at JM's.  I actually want to do it.

Our YTT homework includes 5 minutes of mandatory meditating.  That's right.  Sitting still, visualizing, breathing and thinking about NOTHING.  It's much harder than it seems.  With the meditating comes chanting and I haven't brought myself to do it out loud yet since I get up early for this little solo party (no, not THAT kind). My family just may wonder even more deeply what up wit her?  Plus if they interrupted my flow I'd just say...

Wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki
(Shut up)
Wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki

And they'd KNOW I was old school. 

Come on.  You know you SO remember this song even if you've grown up be the head of six corporations, a doctor, a lawyer, a priest, a teacher, a writer, a mother, lover, a friend, a social worker, a soul mate or a rapper.  You all have newcleus and you'll all be yogis and yoginis when I get done with you.  Word.

i say hip hop
 hippy to the hippity hip hip hop,
You don't stop rockin
to the bang, bang, boogie
say upchuck the boogie
to the rhythm, to the boogie the beat
say we are the jam on crew and jammin it on is the best we do.

 That was my chant in the early 80's.  What did you chant then?

No comments: