Monday, August 30, 2010

Winner and I want a new body

I love Mollie and Carlee Berry. Mollie eats frosting from the tub.  (Duh!, who doesn't?) She goes the extra mile and adds peanut butter.  Love the rawness of it all.  Carlee Berry looks so happy with cute Mike.  She makes me want to feel young and cool.  Surely my young coolness is somewhere in here.  Besides these unique tidbits that make their blogs fun and compelling, they made me feel loved.  Thanks, ladies.  You did a good thing by commenting on my blog.   I have to spread the love to Kassi, however - my winner.  She ran 2 miles and is working her way up to a 10k and I know she'll do it.  I love to see the enthusiasm and shine from a new goal.  Tenacity and persistence and stick-to-itiveness.  They deserve $40 and much much more.  We all wish you well, Kassi.  Send me your email address and I'll hook you up with the folks at CSN.  Enjoy that Dutch Oven!

And now...
I want a new body.  Surely, you are tired of hearing about my hamstring/hind quarters issues after my ill-advised Party Yoga trick.  I ran 4 measly miles on Friday and I didn't even recognize myself.  I felt like I had no stability in my hip joints and that I might buckle at any moment.  I did not feel weak or hungry or especially hot - just not in my own body.  I couldn't believe I ran 26.2 miles twice in six months and 13.1 miles 4 times in the same year while teaching exercise classes at the gym. Who was that girl?  Idid get some relief with use of some gimpy looking black hamstring tape...
It sends some kind of pain relief signal up to your brain to trick it into feeling better.  I can still do most of the things I did before but not nearly like I used to.  The flexibility is coming back, my spine is stronger and I am managing to shuffle out some miles but the pain when I drive is still unbearable.  White-knuckles.  Grit-yer-teeth pain.  Where is the badass I fancied myself?  If you knew me then, help me find her.  I want to spank myself for losing my groove on.  Dawg gone it.

Return to center.  Return to Yoga.  It cures a lot.  Just taking it's time with my poor aching butt.  Recognize what is and let it go.  A celebration of the present, whatever it may be.  Change your mind.  Change your life.  I'm getting all greased up here.  Get out of the way of your own ass and live, baby live. Without judgement but with frosting and 10k's and goals and love and support.  And peanut butter.  Everything's better with a little peanut butter.  Where do you put yours.

Completely unrelated to my assinine problems...


You gotta love a seven year old who sleeps with a eye mask.  Now that's a good morning.  My peanut butter pumpkin with frosting on top.  Love to you all....

Yoga Championships coming soon. next up:  my training for life altering asana.  Thanks, Garland for Directing us.  We love you!

No comments: