Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I lied (and birthday countdown)

When I got certified to teach Yoga, I swore I'd stop doing this:
I lied.  Today, I taught a Step II class.  Awhile ago I told myself I was way over this kind of silly mindless exercise - I was much too evolved  - and that I'd only substitute teach it if one of my group exercise homey's was unavailable.  I woke up this morning thinking:  Drudgery Ahead.  I greeted the class with a fake smile, tightened my shoelaces, stacked my risers and plugged in my ipod.  Eye-rolling on the inside.  Then, Gwen Stefani (my homegirl) started singing:
Ain't no hollaback, girl.
I even lied to myself.  I am not too evolved to love. this. sh*t.  It was fun.  Sweaty, hard core, mindless, rock-your-body fun.

Other lies I've told:
  • Of course, you child can stay over an extra hour.  I don't mind a bit.
  • No thanks, I don't want another glass of wine.  I usually only drink about 1 glass then I'm finished.
  • I love running.
  • I hate running.
  • I don't blog at work.  It's wrong.
I will be 43 on Monday.  And that's no lie.  How old are you?  Don't lie.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

ha ha! ain't nothin wrong with step! the way i see it, you're getting your sweat on either way. variety is the spice of life, right?

i'm 34. next year is when i'll start lying about that. bleh.

ShutUpandRun said...

I lie all the time.
I didn't fart. It was my daughter.
I am a pescatarian.
I like riding 19 miles downhill
That stump is awesome
I used to be a vet
I'm 23.
My birthday is Monday.

Anonymous said...

I turned 40 in April and so far I've been to the doctor more in the past three months than in my entire life. But here's a bonus about having sun damage removed from your cheeks and forehead -- they make you smear neosporin all over your face. I swear I look ten years younger. You can use that tip.